256bit SSL to create an encrypted connection.
SSL is an acronym for Secure Socket Layer. SSL creates an encrypted connection between our web server and your web browser allowing for information to be transmitted without the problems of eavesdropping, data tampering, and message forgery.
Links to more information regarding SSL:
Google explain how to Check if a site’s connection is secure
Pagely Secure Servers
We’ve chosen to partner with Pagely to host all data for threadosaurus.com. Pagely servers provide our customers with rock-solid stability, lightning fast response rates, and built-in server side security.
Pagely help the world’s biggest brands scale their websites, clients such as: VISA, Disney, Ebay, Virgin Atlantic and many more.
Links for more information:
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) a set of requirements that must be followed by all companies and merchants accepting payment from customers via credit or debit card.
ALL secure credit card payments made on Threadosaurus.com are processed through the Stripe secure payment gateway, Threadosaurus.com also provides a secure PayPal payment gateway. No user credit card information is processed or stored on Threadosaus.com.
Even though NO user credit card information is stored on Threadosaurus.com we still adhere to the strict PCI DSS standards for your online safety.
The following 12 components form part of the PCI compliance checklist outlined by the PCI Security Standards Council. This checklist aims to establish and maintain a secure, impenetrable network focusing on security of payment brands users.
- Install and keep updated a firewall between the public network and the payment card data
- Change vendor-supplied passwords that come with network and payment processing equipment
- Protect any customer data stored for business purposes or regulatory purposes
- Encrypt all transmissions of customer data over any public network
- Maintain antivirus software in all of your computers
- Deploy only secure card processing applications and systems
- Limit access to the customer payment data to as few people as possible on the “need-to-know” basis within your business
- Use building entry authentication such as visitor and employees badges with identification to limit access to stored data
- Keep restricted physical access to business computers and customer data
- Regularly test security applications and any PCI security processes that you have in place
- Keep all employees informed about your information security policies
Links for more information:
Official PCI Security Standards Council website
PCI compliance checklist
Secure Payment Gateways
Threadosaurus utilized both the Stripe Payment Gateway and PayPal Payment Gateway to process credit/debit card payments or to make purchases with funds in your PayPal account.
Both Stripe and PayPal adhere to strict PCI DSS compliance standards.